Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"The Whole World Lit Up"

"He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on!

"Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on."

(Title from a Blue Fringe song; opening lines from Battle Hymn of the Republic)

Thank You, God...Thank You, God...I feel so much better! I still hurt a lot, can still feel objects four inches away, but that's as far as it goes! I am awake, and focused, and alert, and present, and alive; I have hours of homework tonight and I am fully confident (albeit somewhat delusionally) in my ability to finish it all. I can love, and I can laugh, and I can care that Obama just won the election! Items that only rank four or five on my "to care about" list are actually getting attention! Scratch that; item six is getting attention! Item seven is getting attention! I can care about seven issues all in the same day!

(For the record, the list of things to care about contains, in this order: Theater, Schoolwork, Rest/Health, Friends, Politics, Songs/Singing, Craft Projects. On a really bad day [think Thursday-Monday], I only manage to care about the first three. Yesterday I managed the first five. Today I can make it all the way through the list!)

So. Quotes from songs:

"I can see clearly now; the rain has gone. / I can see all obstacles in my way. / Gone are the dark clouds that had me down. / It's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiney day!"

"תודה על כל מה שבראת.
תודה על מה שלי נתת.
על יום של אושר,
תמימות ויושר,
על יום עשוב שנעלם"
"You gotta stop, and smell the roses. / You gotta count life's many blessings every day. / You're gonna find the way to heaven is a rough and rocky road, / If you don't stop and smell the roses along the way."
"...saw a flash in the sky, and the whole world lit up."
"Sing unto God, sing a new song, oh, sing praises to God, give thanks with all of your heart; sing praises unto the LORD thy God...Sing unto God, sing a new song, oh, sing! Sing unto God, sing a new song, oh, sing! Sing unto God, sing a new song unto God! Sing unto God, sing a new song unto God!"
Thank You, God; I have left the ranks of the living dead and rejoined the ranks of the living! (Of course, I now have massive cleanup to do on relationships, schoolwork, etc.)

No comments: