Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Torture

I will never, never ever, be able to find words for what I went through today; it was Hell, a firey torture that by definition must remian locked inside forever. This poem doesn't even come close, but it's the best I could do.

Heartbreak
I start off bright-eyed, just like every day;
But this day I am doomed to sob and scream.
The only thing that I can do is pray,
And hope that someday, I wake from this dream.

I watch them sink one more triumphant shot;
Cradled by the hard floor, I am alone.
I feel the fire rising, burning hot;
It’s not enough to shiver. I must moan.

The little girl in me is knocking hard;
She wants to be let loose to run and shout.
I feel her bang her head against the guard;
Believe me, if I could I’d let her out!

“Mother!” I scream, as I succumb to pain;
“Hurts!” is my cry as I seek out God’s name.

No comments: