Saturday, November 22, 2008

Loving my Rollator!

I just started using my Dad's rollator (from when his arthritis was bothering him years ago...it stopped bothering him, and he's now one of the only two able-bodied people in our home...now it's my rollator!) in place of my crutches, and I love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE it! Think I love it? I DO!

A rollator is like a walker, with three "corners" instead of four, big wheels, and hand brakes. It can collapse partially to fit through small doorways, and is significantly more supportive than crutches. I can't do stairs with it, but since I usually prefer to crawl when forced to use stairs anyway, that's not really an issue.

I LOVE my rollator; if I use it all the time, I can actually feel halfway decent, which is GOOD! I may never collapse again, meaning "John" and "Dave" would never have to carry me again, which I'm sure they'd like and I'd like too. This is AMAZING; I never imagined feeling this good again before treatment. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my rollator! Yay, FREEDOM!!!!! *metaphorically running around in crazy circles right about now.*

(Follow the link below to see a picture of a rollator, if you're interested.)

http://www.ionmeds.com/Winnie%20go%20light%20aluminum%20Rollator.htm

No comments: