Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tech Week

Most of my friends are not in theater, cannot understand my panic, and probably don't want to hear about it anyway. Hello, faithful blog readers.

We (the school play, "Pizza with Shrimp on Top") open in three days. Today is our last rehearsal. Saturday night is our first performance. We are not ready.

Scratch that: We the cast are ready. Everybody is automatic on most of their lines. We have almost memorized most of our blocking, and it looks good. We no longer miss cues. We are as ready as we can ever be.

But. One actor keeps staring at the lights, smiling vacantly, and dropping character. Our guitar player forgot to put the clip on his guitar yesterday, and I could not get my music cue. (I sing quite high, as human voices go.) We have no stage left staircase, which means all stage left exits are currently being done stage right, which means we have far too many people using our stage right staircase. I need to remember to keep my chin up. My crying scene is only good enough sometimes. (It's good always, but not good enough.)

Half these things have already gone wrong, which either means they definitely will go wrong again or guarantees that we can stop worrying about them. But the other half...

Oh, tech week, how I love thee!

No comments: