Sunday, November 9, 2008

Opening Night

I really think last night went well, as performances go. I was a bit distracted and upset because someone I love wasn't there (turns out he got the time wrong and thought he'd be able to come tonight), but oh well. I heard the audience start whispering in the scene where I broke down crying, and they all turned expectantly towards me whenever I came onstage.

Did I notice mistakes? Sure. "Dani" (I am using names of characters for this blog entry) missed a couple lines of her first monologue, and relied too heavily on the phrase "funniest thing you ever saw" to hang things together, when it was only supposed to be there once. She also had a line, "Why don't you go back? Eat a pizza for us!" That she just dropped. She and "Stuart" screwed up their hugging scene. "Muggy" spoke much too fast. I came up a step too early. Are these mistakes the audience noticed? No, of course not. (Except fo rthe stair, which was still probably not noticed.) Hence they do not matter. People hav ebeen complimenting me all night and this morning.

Now...all that being said, I think I honestly prefer rehearsing to performing. I act because I love what it does to me inside; it's for me, not for anybody else. Audiences throw me. However, performances are worth it because rehearsals are so much fun.

One more show tonight!

No comments: