Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Breaking the Cycle?

I got in an extra hour of sleep last night, bringing my total amount of sleep from about seven hours to nearly eight hours, and it has made such a difference! I was not in such a "fog" this morning: still very tired but able to function. My pain level was more even throughout the day, which of course meant I felt worse in the morning than usual, but when I crashed it was slightly less awful, for slightly less time. I'm still in a lot of pain most minutes; still exhausted, drained, and sluggish in my thinking; but if I can continue to get extra sleep (doubtful), I may not need to take a day off from school next week. As of now, I am too drained to be properly excited about this, but I feel better, so much better! I can't wait to tell "John".

In other news, it's tech week, so naturally I am busy indeed. I love tech week--so much excitement and panic!--but it means I have two hour rehearsals, then dinner, then I call my mom, then study hall, then I get ready for bed, and then if I'm lucky I have a few minutes to work on a certain someone's Hanukkah surprise. I find I no longer have the energy to care so much about politics; pain has forced me to pick and choose the causes on which I expend emotional energy, and the ones that are right in front of my face come first. So I currently care about theater, schoolwork, and resting, and most other issues escape my notice. If any of my friends have been feeling neglected, I'm sorry.

No comments: