Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 Things

Saw this on someone else's blog I was reading (the question, that is; the answers are my own), and thought it was interesting.

What are ten things you've done that most other people probably haven't?

1. Begged my parents for a pair of crutches, then a wheelchair.
2.Force fed myself because I was too tired to eat.
3. Memorized "Battle Hymn of the Republic".
4. Written sonnets, sestinas, free verse, and prose on a fairly regular basis.
5. Done my laundry by crawling around.
6. Driven an hour and a half to see Doctor Number Five, who couldn't help.
7. Set off the metal detector at the airport by touching the sides. (What if you're just really fat?)
8. Been to the Metropolitan Opera in New York City four times: La Boehme (Boheme? Boehm?), Carmen, Marriage of Figaro, Tosca.
9. Learned all of Latin I (a year's worth of high school Latin) in three and a half weeks one summer, then forgotten nearly all of it.
10. Walked around school singing as loudly as I please.

No comments: