Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Ball

Winter Ball was tonight, and I had a really good time. Everybody seemed to think I looked amazing: all the girls shrieked or swore when they saw me, and one boy in particular kept staring at me from across the room and then came over and complimented me for a full minute and a half. I "danced" using my rollator for several fast songs and actually danced (leaning on the boys) with specific people twice, once because the boy asked me to and once because it was a slow song and I grabbed a friend and told him to dance with me. No, I couldn't stay for as long as I wanted or dance as much as I would have liked while I was there; and yes, that makes me very sad and I might need to cry about it later; but overall I had a really good time.

Here is a picture "Margaret" took of me before the dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to comment to say how happy it made me to find a teenager using a rollator. I have been looking into getting one because I have a lot of leg pain and exhaustion caused by CFS/ME but aged 19, I wasn't sure how people would react. It's been lovely to read through some of your blog posts and see how much the rollator helped you. So thank you :)