Monday, October 27, 2008

Reasons Why I Want to Cry Tonight

I know I don't usually make lists of reasons why I'm sad--in fact I find that depressing and actively try to avoid it--but I have to get it off my chest and nobody (including me) has any time to talk to friends right now because we all have so much homework, so a list it is. Wow. Run-on sentence.

OK, here we go:

1. I took an irrevocable turn for the worse on Friday, really the climax of rapidly going downhill, but I wasn't watching out for it. I now hurt more for longer after I do something I shouldn't, hurt more sooner in the mornings, can do less than I could a week ago, and just hurt more period. I just got my crutches two months ago; already I want a rollator.

2. I'm all behind on homework, because there were a few weeks when I was figuring out how to adapt to pain and forget that I was adapting so I could go on with life. Does that make sense? (It should, because I have now figured out how to do it.) Anyway, I spent yesterday catching up on Hebrew homework, working on a Bible essay, studying for a couple of quizzes, and doing miscellaneous little assignments. As a result, I bombed a Chemistry quiz today, got a zero on a homework assignment I completely forgot about, and didn't start my English essay until the last minute. My grades for this trimester are shot.

3. As we speak, random parts of me feel like they're being stabbed. Right this second, it's a random point on my lower back; as soon as one stops, another one starts.

4. I wanted to play basketball. I planned on it. I really, really did. And now I can't. Some of my dearest friends are on the basketball team, and I'm extremely happy for them...I am also extremely jealous.

This may not seem like many reasons to be upset, but each is pretty huge in and of itself.

No comments: