Sunday, October 12, 2008

Raising Awareness

I have spent the entire weekend sitting on my butt in bed, bored out of my mind, frustrated because going anywhere hurt too much to be worth my while, worried about how I'll make it through school tomorrow, etc.

I don't like sitting around dwelling on negative emotions. It is inefficient. I loathe ineffieciency.

So I decided to start a campaign to raise awareness on RSD/CRPS. I created a bunch of handouts. Each one has a few handwritten lines describing RSD, and pushing for increased awareness, along with an original piece of "artwork" (quotation marks because I really can't draw). This is stapled to a sheet of "answers to the ten most commonly asked questions about RSD." OK, so I had to BS a little to come up with those, but only because I wanted that sheet to spread information. The idea is that I give the handouts to my friends, who use them as conversation starters. If someone seems particularly interested in spreading the word, that person can take the handout. When that happens, my friend will tell me, and I will give that person another one. When their friend passes on the original, my friend can get me to give him/her a new one for their friend...etc. This will hopefully create a chain around the country...who knows, maybe someday my campaign will reach the White House!

Also, please sign my petition for greater funding for RSD research.. The link is

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/a1s9d4f6/petition.html

No comments: