Monday, December 8, 2008

NOT a Superhero...

So apparently I still haven't managed to learn that I am not a superhero, that feeling good does not mean I can go forever, and that accomplishing everything all in one weekend probably isn't really such a good idea.

Every three or four months, I have what I call a "maintenance weekend". I wait until there are three or four essential items I cannot imagine living without, then take a Saturday night and make a run to Target. That same weekend, I try to vacuum my room as well as the usual neatening up, just so I can get all the painful chores out of the way in one weekend.

I am also trying to wean myself off my Lidocaine patches (major pain meds) because Dr. Sherry wants me off them completely by the time I get to Philadelphia. I decided the first step would be to cut them, cold turkey, on the weekends...and of course I had to choose my "maintenance weekend" to start.

This is not awful pain...yet...but it is definitely burning again (I was feeling good this weekend, whence the "superhero" mentality), and rapidly getting worse.

When am I going to learn that at least right now, I have definite limits, and it's better if I stay within them even when I don't feel like I have to?!

No comments: