Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fire Drills

I'm starting to think there's a plot against me, that campus security plans fire drills when they know I'm feeling bad.

OK, not really; I'm not that paranoid. It does seem to me, however, that fire drills dependably happen on my worst day of any given week.

We had a fire drill this morning. I had just registered how horrible I was feeling about five minutes before that (just getting to the mental "Oooohhhh owch this hurts" phase), when the fire alarm went off. Fire alarms are disastrous for me. Sound causes vibration; vibration hurts. That particular sound is loud, sudden, and very rough vibration wise. So I jolt into worse pain than I was in before that, and then I have to get up and walk all the way down the hall and out of the building.

And it hurts like Hell.

And I'm just like, "Really? They couldn't have done this yesterday, when I was feeling alright?"

No comments: