Wednesday, December 10, 2008

(Because I'm Into the Whole "Two-Posts-in-One-Day" Thing)

This is a post about isolation.

Tonight I was griping to "Nina" (she has great shoulders for crying on), and I said, "I get up in the morning, go to school, go back to bed, eat dinner, do my homework, go back to bed, go to sleep. My life consists of school, bed, homework, and sleep."

"Nina" responded, "That's pretty much my life too."

To which I pointed out, "But that's not what my life would be if I had more energy. You can go out with your friends for half an hour in the evening if you have the time. You don't worry about making it to the dining hall for dinner. You don't wake up in the morning wondering how many times you're going to fall that day...and it's not if; it's how many times."

I don't always feel this bad. But when I do, it's lonely.

(As always, comments from readers are appreciated.)

No comments: