Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Watch the Video...Please...

http://buildingtheblocks.blogspot.com/2008/05/143000000.html

THIS is why I am passionate about adoption: international, domestic; infants, older children; healthy children, special needs: this video is why. I know there is major corruption in the adoption industry. I know international adoption in particular is often a last resort for starving mothers, and if we adopt a child with out giving back to their country to whatever capacity we are able, then on some level that child is not really ours, for we are then stealing someone else's child. I know adoptees sometimes feel out of place, adoptions are sometimes disrupted, and even in the families where adoptions are successful it takes work to build and maintain relationships. I know.

But seriously??? 143000000 orphans in the world today?

No comments: