Thursday, February 5, 2009

Someone Up There Has a Cruel Sense of Humor

I have been feeling really good since Friday night--roughly six days. It has been so...precious for me to be able to engage in basic self-care tasks like a daily shower (today I even showered standing up!), doing my laundry (there was a really rough weke when I couldn't do my laundry and just rewore dirty clothes), and taking four extra steps to hang my coat up.

I didn't want to be happy about it, or evne notice it, because I was afraid it would go away again. Today at lunch I finally relaxed, decided this might last for a while, and told "John" how good I was feeling etc. (Telling someone how I'm feeling is to me a major validation of my situation.) "John" told me he wanted to read about it here; I said I would write about it, and we went our separate ways.

Half an hour later--wham. So much for feeling good.

Irony, anybody?

P.S. I have an intake date for the program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I will be entering the program on February 16 or 17. I will be there for anywhere from one to eight weeks; the average patient staying for three weeks. I will maintain this blog throughout my treatment; once cured (God willing!) I will begin a new blog. Suggestions for titles are much more than welcome, since "Life After Pain" sounds too much like focusing on negativity, "A Normal Teenage Life" will always be misleading for me and for pretty much anyone else, and "Excelsior" doesn't sound so good, either.

No comments: