Thursday, February 19, 2009

HAPPY...just happy.

I really am just so happy here, and proud of myself. I got the exercise I couldn't do yesterday on my first try today, and I only had to repeat the ones I had trouble with today four times each! I better be able to get sports credit for this; I am working out 38 hours a week (seven hours weekdays, hour and a half per day weekends).

I have more energy than I have ever had before, possibly at any time in my life. Forget functioning at 100% of my healthy energy (I hadn't had more than 50%, even on a good day, in months); I am functioning at 100% plus, 100% of someone ELSE (more energetic)'s energy. On seven hours of sleep a night, I feel more rested than I did as a kid on ten hours of sleep...and on ten hours I could be unstoppable.

Tonight I had to go all the way up to the eighth floor, in the main building, to do my laundry. (WHY are there no laundry facilities anywhere near my room?) I ran up three of the five flights of the stairs, and ran down all five. Anytime there's one flight of stairs, I make myself run it for extra PT.

I did power minutes today: one minute each of mountain climbers (stand on hands and toes, one foot forward, one foot back, and keep switching), jump-taps (one foot up on a ledge, one foot down on the floor, keep switching), jump-twists (jumping, feet going one direction hands going the other, then switch), up and down off the floor (down on one knee, then the other; up on one foot, then the other; no hands), and jumping jacks, without rest breaks in between. These were the LAST FIVE MINUTES of physical therapy, after I'd already had Yoga, OT, free period, PT, lunch, music therapy, and more PT. And I still did it.

I am stronger, more energetic, and more flexible. I am learning balance, coordination, and perseverance. Watch me go...I shall be unstoppable.

Perhaps I could conquer the world.

No comments: