Thursday, February 19, 2009

Proud of Myself

I am really proud of myself today! I beat the PT exercise I couldn't get yesterday on my first try! It was a toss-up between trying that one, or the one I almost couldn't get, first; I knew I would have to keep repeating whichever one I did second. I was right; I've now repeated the one that took me eleven tries yesterday three times. There's also another one I can't seem to get today; I've tried that one three times as well.

On the OT exercises, I beat all my times on the first try! I beat my time on the hardest lower-body exercise by 14.2 seconds!

I am hurting more today than I've been in awhile, but the nurse pracitioner says that's a good sign, that it means my nerves are reconnecting properly. In all patients, pain eventually stabilizes or begins to decrease while they're here; most still have pain when they leave but are fully functional. As long as they keep up with their home exercise programs, 92 percent of patients' pain disappears completely and they are still pain free five years later. I have a fairly mild case compared to other kids here; I think my chances are good!

No matter how tired I am, I always make myself run up and down the stairs. I figure it's that much extra PT, so I should get well that much more quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Came across your Blog and would like to tell you that you are doing the right thing. My grandaughter also overcame RSD the same way. Keep at it.
My RSD site is athttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RSD-WorldNews/