Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reminder and Funny

http://www.petitiononline.com/a1s9d4f6/petition.html

If you haven't already, please sign my petition. I know I have RND; although RSD is the condition for which this petition requests research they are basically the same syndrome. Certainly the pain itself is described as being the same. Every pain patient deserves a cure!

Also, funny moment from English class today:
I fell asleep in class today while were reading Hamlet. Near the end of class, I woke up because everyone was laughing at something funny "Elaine" had said. What follows is a transcript, to the best of my memory, of my conversation with the teacher:

Me: "What's so funny?"
Teacher: "It can't be repeated."
Me: "Oh...how long did I sleep for?"
Teacher: "Not that long; I think only about ten to fifteen minutes."
Me: "Sorry."
Teacher: "well, you only missed one cue."
Me: "Oh...who read it for me?"
Teacher: "You did; we woke you up and you read it and went back to sleep."

I fully believe him. At first I thought I had no memory of the incident (I would still have believed him); now I think I might remember it, ut not being awake enough to register that I had been asleep or was going back to sleep. Yup...I've got mad skills...I've even taken notes (that actually made enough sense that I knew what I meant and could correct them once I'd woken up!) in my sleep.

3 comments:

Trudy Thomas (aka TheMatrix777) said...

Your blog is really funny...I liked it a lot. I have never seen it before today and it came up in a search I was doing.

I know another teenager I have met on the internet with RSD and I know he would like to make contact with you.

I'm going to give him the link to your website and maybe he'll leave you a note. He's not doing too well adjusting, but then who is.

I've had RSD for 5yrs now and I don't know that "adjusting" is the right word to use. I'm now in a wheelchair and cannot use my hands or arms. I hope yours does not spread.

Where is your RSD at? Arms or legs?

Keep writing with your great wit! It will keep you going if you can laugh....laughter really is good medicine!!!!!

I'll be back soon to read more.
If you want to know who I am, just google my name. Bunches will come up.

thematrix777

free_to_dream said...

Hi TheMatrix,

I actually have RND, not RSD: same pain, but without the swelling/color changes. I am leaving in two days for a program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia that has a 92% success (complete recovery)rate. The program is run by Dr. David Sherry, who has cured over 1500 patients. You should look him up!

Oh, and my RND is in the soles of my feet, mostly.

Trudy Thomas (aka TheMatrix777) said...

I will look the doctor up and send them on.

Good luck! I hope you have a 100% recovery!

I will be praying for you. Please let me know how it turns out.

thematrix777