Monday, February 28, 2011

Alone and in Pain

I really, really hate this time of day. It's the time of day after I push through as much pain as possible in an attempt to complete my physical therapy exercises. It's the time of day after I allow myself to collapse on my bed and rest. This is the time of day when I must get up and function again, and it is very hard, for though the pain has faded the memory thereof has not, and I still feel--traumatized is the wrong word--exhausted. I feel exhausted.

And I'm all alone in my room.

1 comment:

Clojio said...

How does this compare with before the ball hit your foot?
Was the pain gone before? Massively reduced? Simply no longer distressing?

Pain is exhausting. Are you able to schedule your day so that the things you must do after your physical therapy exercises are less demanding?

How is it today?
You're in my thoughts.