Monday, August 25, 2008

More Coping Strategies...

A continuation of last night's list:

8. Self-hypnosis. This is by far the most AMAZING thing I have ever discovered. It allows me to temporarily, partially mute my pain. I only notice that it's worked when the pain starts coming back, but still, it's very useful for those times when I just can't focus off it. Instructions can, no doubt, be found in many books. I learned from "Conquering your Child's Chronic Pain: Reclaimng a Normal Childhood". It's meant for parents whose children have pain, but I still found it immensely useful.

9. Swimming. If I can get in a pool and swim laps for half an hour to an hour, I can feel much better, though again, it's only temporary. When I don't swim for a while, I feel much worse--constantly.

10. I take each day as it comes. Today, right now, I am happy, for no reason other than just because I am. But I will not analyze my happiness or ask too many questions. I will just be, just live in the happy.

No comments: